The Rowan Ambassadors gather at the home of Rowan, the Green Lane Mill

I was so excited to be visiting the home of Rowan, "The Green Lane Mill" in Holmfirth.  This would actually be my third visit...but my first as a Rowan Ambassador.

Knowing what I'm like with jet lag, I decided to arrive one day early to catch up on sleep and do a recce of Holmfirth. After a long flight to London (our take off was delayed two hours), a scramble to rebook my connecting flight to Manchester, and having to read the railway timetable to figure out what train to catch to Huddersfield, a short taxi ride later and I was checked into my room.

my room, with a view...

Holmfirth was on the Tour de France route, and the village had done itself proud.


store fronts were decorated with bunting...

red and white flowers...and bunting of course!


this cafe had gone all "Tour de France" for the occasion!

and the main street just around the corner was heavily done up in "Tour" bunting!

There is a yarn shop in Holmfirth, called "Up Country"...it sells lovely european designer clothes too!

There it is - it had moved down the block from my last visit two years ago!
Up Country is a "Rowan At" stockist -which means it has a large selection of
Rowan Yarns in stock....I think Up Country has EVERY Rowan yarn that is available!

of course, being in the same town as Rowan Headquarters,

 one would be very disappointed if it didn't!
Up Country had yarn bombed this bicycle in honour of "The Tour"

I tried to have an early night, as I knew I would finally meet all of my fellow Ambassadors the next day!

The next morning, after a lovely breakfast in the hotel, I again hit the streets of Holmfirth - today's mission was to check out the near by restaurants. I was walking along the sidewalk, dodging rain showers, when I heard someone calling my name - there was Linda at the wheel, with Cindi and Kristin in the car with her.  Another car (arranged by Linda, driven by her volunteer son) had already deposited Konrad, Violetta and Dayana at the hotel.  Esther it turns out had arrived early that morning and was already out for a run! In turn everyone arrived....Maria, Ute (and her husband), Sarah and Anja...and finally Claire (after a bit of a wrong turn).  Finally we were all* together at a huge table in our hotel lounge.....and Karl (aka Karlatcoats), our "Man from Rowan" had arrived.

The Ambassador Gathering had begun!

(*Unfortunately, Jen couldn't make the trip - we missed her!)

Daisy knows how to keep
herself occupied....
but I know she missed me!

Next time I'll be reporting EVERYTHING that happened at the Mill!  If you don't want to miss this, I hope you will take a moment to "follow" or "subscribe" to Life LackaDaisiCal so that you can be notified when this new post is available!  

Want to read about my visit to the Rowan Mill in September 2011?  

Have you attended a Rowan Workshop at the Mill or at your favourite Rowan Stockist?  I'd love to hear all about it! 

Happy Knitting!

Anne

Comments

  1. Looking forward to your next post, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Anne. My sympathies for having to read the train timetable. It is almost incomprehensible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have my train spotter hubby with me to read the timetables :). I had to get a cup,of tea and sit down calmly to read the time table and figure it out....but I did it! :)

      Delete
  3. Holmfirth looks so picturesque! Thanks for sharing details of the Ambassadors' trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne you saw more than me! We were so busy! Thanks for mentioning me and my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great seeing Up Country - I have ordered from them in years past. Can't wait to hear about the Ambassador conference at the Mill. Cheers ! Melody

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale