Sensory overload....

I thought about blogging about our trip and leaving Kaffe to the end....but frankly, I wanted to get right into these fabulous photos!

Oh yes, how did I manage it?  Well, we arrived back in London at 7:30 on a Tuesday night.  Our return flight was the next day.  Usually we are travelling from somewhere distant to Heathrow...and that means up early and in the car for the long drive.  It dawned on me that we would be in London...our flight was at 4:20....the F&TM opens at 11....Hubby insisted we were on our way to the airport by 1:00 at the latest...that's only 2 hours.....ok, we can do this!

We grabbed a cab and told him where we wanted to go...
The Fashion and Textile Museum on Bermondsey Street,
83 Bermondsey Street!

He corrected my pronunciation of the street name....and then told
me that he had never heard of the Fashion and Textile Museum!

Oh dear...

Armed with the exact address, and my knowledge 
that it was a large yellow building,
how hard could it be? 
Arriving early, there was time for a cuppa in the teapod cafe.
I was so excited, I couldn't drink my tea.

Hubby - well, not so much :)


By 11:00 am there was a line up outside
so I abandoned my half finished cup of tea and joined the queue!

Right from the first step through the door you can see that it is a colourful place
 - the perfect place to display the life work of Kaffe Fassett!

Tomorrow - the first room on the left!


If you use Facebook, you might enjoy my FB Page, Life LackaDaisiCal, where I share other knit-related goodies...here's a handy link to "Like" and get all of the updates!  If you've already Liked my page - Thank You!


Comments

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale