Yarn Overload!

Julie at The Needle Emporium had just posted that...the Fine Art yarn had just arrived...so
I immediately jumped in the car....well, not immediately, but first thing the next morning!
All 8 shades at once! I put one skein of each shade in a Phil Soak bucket and played!

I kept moving them about to see all of the different shades - that
Serin shade really caught my eye - but not for socks......

another shade that really caught my attention was....the subtle Chiff-Chaff!
This is the Lark Scarf, knit in Chiff-Chaff!
I'm planning on making this for the hubby - I think maybe knit at a
slightly tighter gauge to make it more manly - what do you think?
Isn't this shade fabulous!  Anyone could wear this incredible mix of neutrals.
Hmmm....yes, I'll have to make this scarf for "the Hubby" :)

Comments

  1. I am still waiting for the skein I ordered from Webs. I checked their website yesterday and they are still listing it as out of stock. Hopefully it comes in today. Have fun playing with all those lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if there will be shortages. ..... After all it is hand dyed....small batches...from South Africa........hope you get your soon.....what shade did you order Kristie?

      Delete
  2. I got my skein of Fine Art yesterday from jannettesrareyarns.com. Pheasant colour. I immediately took it to my yarnie friend and we played with it. I also got Rowan Denim to make a Lori Versaci sweater called Biscotti. Both are perfect for summer knitting. I'm set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Pheasant too, it's lovely.....what are you going to make with it Sarah.....socks? I have to go look up the Biscotti sweater.

      Delete
  3. I'm simply going to have to get a skein of Chif-Chaff ....gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun fun fun! I am making the Lark Scarf and think it is gender neutral, so you can borrow it from your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, that was the plan :). Great minds think alike!

      Delete
  5. Just picked up two skeins of Pheasant and am just searching for the perfect shawl pattern. I love the blend of colours in Rowan Fine Art - it was a close choice between the Pheasant and Chiff-Chaff because yes, those neutrals are really rich and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you found a pattern yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale