Garden Guests

This is an American Goldfinch.....not to be confused with this guy..
the Northern Oriole - Male (formerly known as a Baltimore Oriole)
I think this is a young one.....because of the head not being totally black...
there is another one with a coal black head - very striking!
Front view.....
Here he is after a bath....
This is his partner I believe.  Not quite as bright.
It's taken me quite a while to get photos of these two....I knew they were around, catching flashes of their bright colour....but not being able to capture them in a photograph.  But ARE they Northern Orioles, aka Baltimore Orioles....which I thought were more orange....it depends on the light.....sometimes they look more orange than they do in these photos.

Now the challenge is to photograph the Indigo Buntings before they disappear - I expect that when it gets really hot they will head North.......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale