Lindisfarne update...

I don't believe it -- with a basement still full (well not totally full) of yarn....I am running out of two shades.

Checking my inventory sheets, yup, I am indeed in need of ordering MORE YARN!!!  (Hubby doesn't totally believe this LOL!)

So I've just ordered 6 balls (3 each of 2 shades) from Camilla Valley Farm - Nina HELP!!!  I hope she has these shades in stock and can get them out to me quickly (fingers crossed).

In the meantime, I think I have enough to finish the body of my Lindisfarne.....and if necessary, while I'm waiting, I'll do that bottom facing.......

Right now I have finished the underarm shaping, and I'm just about to start the neckline shaping.  I wanted to show you the underarm shaping - here's a photo.

The red lines show the added "underarm section" - partial repeats of this large motif. I did do some side "seam" shaping - and where these two motifs meet make a unique design. As someone who used to sew, I know that the important thing is to centre the pattern on the  garment. Sometimes you would really like how the pattern met at the side seams - sometimes not.  This is one of those things that you have to live with.  In real life, I don't mind the way the motifs meet - but if/when I knit this sweater again, I'll try something else.  Yes, you read that correctly, I am contemplating knitting this sweater again! (More about this another time.)


I converted this photo to black and white so that it was easier to see......a black and white version of stranded knitting really shows you the values of the shades you are using.

Comments

  1. Looks good Anne - even in B&W. It kind of takes me back to when I was a kid and had to imagine the colours on TV ... LOL!!

    It's hard to add in or change a pattern when it's not a full repeat but I think that you've done it well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale