Movie Monday........

It was supposed to be HOT this pastweekend, too hot and humid to enjoy outside, so I stopped by the video store on Saturday afternoon for a movie or two......turns out the heat was delayed a bit and it's now soooooo hot......but I did get to watch a couple of totally different movies this past weekend.

We watched Green Zone first - because Matt Damon was in it -- we both really enjoy Matt Damon movies -- this was a good movie - but very disturbing to say the least. When I'm watching a movie like this I wonder how much of it was taken from reality, and how much of it was fiction.  If this was based on reality.....scary. Matt Damon did a great job as the dedicated soldier who has to go rogue to get to the truth.  Greg Kinnear - gotta love how versatile this guy is - well, you have to watch to see what role he plays.  Brendan Gleeson is a CIA agent - I loved him in The Tailor of Panama...he plays these kind of parts well.



Then it was time for something lighter.....Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.  My friend Renee turned me on to these books and I've read 3 of them so far..........

I am totally unfamiliar with any of these young stars....including the star Logan Lerman.........but Pierce Brosnan as Chiron - good choice!  Kevin McKidd from Grey's Anatomy as Poseidon - hmmmm...., Uma Thurman as Medusa....and Sean Bean as Zeus!  Lots of names in the cast that you know.......they just might not be easily recogniseable!

This was definitely "adapted" from the book -- with Chris Columbus as the Director - I look forward to more movies in this series.




Don't forget that there is more to life than knitting!  Get out and enjoy the beautiful weather - if it's too hot and humid for you, enjoy a good movie or two!  Diversification is the key to life!


Comments

  1. As much as I loved those books I absolutely HATED the movie (the kid who played Percy was a cutie though). If it weren't for the fact that we were getting a well-deserved 'date night' I'd have been altogether disgusted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale