Hibiscus Cardigan Knit-Along

Start date: June 1, 2010
Duration: As long as it takes!

If you'd like to join me in this knit-along, I ask that you please just let me know via a comment to this blog. I'm going to put a list of participants up and link to your blog if you have one.

I will be doing a major blog fest on my thoughts and knitting techniques while knitting this -- first you have to decide on the size you're going to make.

The pattern is written for 35", 38.5", 42", 45.5" 49" and 52.5" finished circumferences.

This sweater was designed as a Spring/Summer topper - to go over a t-shirt or a summer dress when you just needed a little something to keep the chill off. I imagined it as a loose boxy cover up - cropped - full of colour as inspired by a gorgeous Hibiscus tree that I'd recently bought for my deck.

I imagined a cropped, boxy jacket that hung loose, didn't get buttoned up, that topped the outfit - coming just above or to the waist.

Because there is no underarm shaping -- I'd suggest +4-6" of ease to achieve this look. (The more you have in front -- the more ease ok?)

The cardigan can be sized as shown in the photo on the pattern -- with no ease at all -- knitter's choice!

If you want to see a lovely finished Hibiscus cardigan -- check out Miyamojo's finished cardi -- truly gorgeous!

The Hibiscus Cardigan can be found at retailers of Jamieson's yarn.......I have no affiliation with the following retailers -- but I know they have the pattern for sure and this might save you some searching......

Note from Karen at Simply Shetland: Please ensure that your pattern is the updated version -- ask your retailer -- it should have "Rev 2/10" on the lower left-hand corner of the back page. IF you already have this pattern and it doesn't have the Rev 2/10 on it -- contact Karen at Simply Shetland and she will swap out the revised version for them -- swap means you send her the old copy she sends you the new copy ok?


both in Canada, and in the US


and in the UK, Europe, the rest of the world, you can get it direct from Jamieson's of Shetland

Jamieson's aren't showing it on their web site yet -- but I think they already have it and we KNOW they have the yarn LOL!!!

OK, I cast on in 17 days............

Just so that you know -- I'll be off line for about a week while my computer is packed up out of the way of painters that are going to be here doing some dusty work -- but I'll be back on line and ready to go well before June 1 - ok?

Happy Knitting,


Comments

  1. Off line? You are going to go off line? How will you survive? How will I survive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way late to the start of the party, but I have received my pattern from the Yarn Barn and hope to swatch this weekend (nearly the end of July - LOL!) and hope to use some of my own handspun.

    Such a lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale