The Sights of London

We had to walk over the Millenium Bridge........have you seen the latest Harry Potter where this bridge is destroyed in the opening??????Alan, ever the engineer, had a good look at how it was constructed. Then we got our tickets for.....The London Eye -- We met a lovely couple from California who asked me to take their photo - and they took ours in return. I had to show of "The Knitter" Issue 9 which I'd picked up earlier that day in Victoria Station.
You can't believe how big this thing is -- each pod holds about 30 people and it moves so slowly -- those are the Parliament buildings at the top right of this photo.
to be continued....

Comments

  1. I've walked over the bridge any number of times, but I cannt bring myself to ride the London Eye!...no, not me, not slow, not up high!

    Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, lucky you! What a wonderful trip. Although you couldn't PAY me enough money to get on the Eye. AND with 30 people per pod?! Heights AND crowds in a tight spot, not a good combination for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne- I didn't realize the pods were as big as that- wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That's so cool! How fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Did you see any dementors?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that pod would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures of the UK! Your vacation was ever so much more civilised than mine...
    Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale